This past week, a tragic live stream drowning video made the rounds.
Our heartfelt condolences go out to the family and friends of the Late Helen Nyabuto, a passionate 24 year old Kenyan nurse living in Toronto, Ca. A Go Fund Me page has been set up to support the family.
Here are some important water safety tips.
- If you spot someone drowning
2. Shout and call for help!
3. Safely remove the person from the water
4. Check if the person is unresponsive and not breathing
5. If the person is unresponsive and not breathing. Begin CPR (push hard and fast to a depth of 2" on the chest)
6. If the victim starts breathing normally, put them in the recovery position
7. Once in a recovery position, treat them for hypothermia
8. Stay with them until arrival of trained rescuers